Tuesday, December 30, 2014

On the account of year 2014:

 At times it was hard, stressful and nerve-wrecking, but yet to the most part - interesting, successful and enjoyable. I am endlessly grateful for:

- my family's and my health,

- for the great work and study opportunities that presented and those that I grabbed after careful consideration (if only it was possible to be cloned and try more! :) ),

- for trips to Utah, Slovenia, Italy and California we took as a family of 3. For a crazy trip to Vegas that we took together just like in the good old times;

- for my wise, kind and amazing husband who tolerated me all these times when I did something insane again, opened my big mouth when I should not have, and never suggested to get divorced when I talked about plans for our future,

- for most wonderful Dr. Chill, who is incredibly bright, handsome, wit and has been our home's Sunshine for a year and 4 months now. He's a whole Universe and a miracle of his own; I could just watch him doing something new, hear him sing or say "mamamamammaaa" or "papapapaaaa" for minutes. At the same time, when I'm with him,  I always hear a countdown in my head - he's getting older, and this is irreversible, so hurry to by his mommy NOW.

- my family who helped and supported me, with Dr. Chill and in trips. A part of the family was around most of the year and had to bear with me more, a part of the family could now cross the Atlantics to see their grandson, and a part of the family simply kept their health stable this year - and I do appreciate all of it;

- all those few dozens of books I've read, and all the movies I've seen, all the museums and exhibitions I've been to. The more I discover about this world the more I realize how tiny, insignificant and immaterial I am :) And that is one of the things that pushes me forward.
And yes, I did enjoy re-discovering books by Strugatskie this year, as well as The Outliers - the latter confirmed I have been moving in the right direction all along.

Not every line item out of 20 of my 2014 Real Plans was fulfilled, but most important - were completed. I've also decided to never state a goal in a form that would include a 3rd party in an active voice. That is, to set a goal about something that is out of my control( even looking at friends or family). My list of goals for 2015 thus looks more... achievable though not easier.
16 new items - completely new and not overlapping with 2014 list, except, perhaps, new books to be read :)

And when I look at it I have a dual feeling of, from one hand, headbanging upon the wall - because I have no idea how to fill in all of this stuff into 365 days and keeping my sanity and health, and realizing I do not have enough resources for all of it,  or - that it has to either be a 2nd child or trips outside of town.
But from the other hand - I feel  that all these 16 goals, if achieved, will create the right pivoting point in my life, especially since it seems that my old life is cracking and falling apart, starting on the material level and now spreading on to people. And if I know myself well enough...




No comments:

Post a Comment