Friday, November 14, 2014

"The feeling of relief and optimist is brought to you this morning by... your doctor!"

Indeed. As I was walking out of the doctor's office I got a hint of that long forgotten feeling that changes to better are yet to be seen just around the corner. Such a touch of anticipation of great outcome for whatever comes along. I did need it back, just like a reminder that I am strong and have quite some work to do, and just as I still need a good laughter. I should visit my Doctors more often. 

Meanwhile, in the next hour I finally made it to Korean and Russian stores after months of planning, and stocked up on duck and rabbit meats, liver and chicken gizzards, squid, pomegranates and persimmons, smoked cold cuts, churchkhela, khalva and Russian marshmallows. Yay to gastronomic diversity!

And then there were studies,  and more studies at Toyota center while waiting for my little tank, drinking green tea, eating those Russian marshmallows and trying hard not to fall asleep but to keep reading about GAAS and IAS. Oh, it must have been GAAS and IAS  that were making me so sleepy... Spent the last hour before picking up Dr. Chill at the Library, studying again and feeling happy about having a place to hang out at and save commute time. Dr. Chill has had a great day too: due to one of the teachers getting sick and the last moment redistribution of kids he ended up playing with his old friend all afternoon. It's amazing how those two little guys can form friendship and remember each other after 2 weeks at such a young age. I always thought socials bonds and memories is something children develop by the age of 3 or so.

Now that it's a little break between exams, I'll need to finish my little life clean up project I've been postponing for  a week. Every time i am about to start, I realize I can't get rid of most of my clothes, because I don't know for sure what I will do in the next 6 months :) and I don't know if some of those books will be of use to me again, and if I ever have time on the plane to read all those National Geographic and Smithsonian magazines...  And cleaning up people and relationships looks even worse. I am a compulsive relationship hoarder :)
But just as I start, and then will get a taste of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment