Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Three days of hail in the row.

It's good that Von Zobel has fully installed the greenhouse: the loss from last night's hail was minimal: a pot of young basil and a pot of flowers.

Interestingly enough, I remember being way more impatient when expecting Arthur - by week 38 I could not wait to meet him in person :) Now I almost don't think about having a baby (and not looking forward to the actual process either), as I know this is something that will come around soon anyway. On the contrary - I caught myself saying a couple of times last weekend when talking to somebody at a party: "Oh, there's no way I can have my son in the next few days, I'm way too busy this week!", "Too much going on, and all the unfinished stuffed in the condo... I definitely can't have the baby before my due date" :) The attitude does change. Now it is - "what goes around comes around, I just need to make sure in the next couple of weeks I'm done with my prenatal-bucket-list and do not become more sleep deprived than I will anyway become... in a month".

In a month I will be able to wear my regular clothes again. I will be able to go to sauna, have all-I-can-eat raw fish sushi rolls, resume running, boxing and long walks with audio courses in my ears, ankle weights and a stroller to push...

The lane lines in our swimming pool are light-blue and white. So are the little flags stretched above the center of the pool. When swimming back and forth becomes too boring and annoying, focusing on the colors and ignoring sounds can help imagine I'm somewhere in Bavaria :)

No comments:

Post a Comment