Sunday, May 17, 2015

I should definitely resort to my own methods more often.

Rather than having unlimited patience with a potential tenant whose actions for the past 2 weeks were contrary to what he claimed his intentions were - I put an end to what turned into a time waste for both of us, and promptly got into a 3-year lease agreement on good conditions.

Rather than continuing searching for good and inexpensive team to do wall painting in condo - painted the walls that needed it most myself, spending not more than an hour on this (please do not attempt on week 36 of pregnancy though!).

Since the HOA could not have provided neither any information on the faucets and trim sets used in units in our buildings, nor - on who the builder was - jumped on ordering the new item online. Our condo's HOA have only been in a lawsuit with the builder for the past... 5 years, but I've been through too much with them already not to start hitting my head upon the wall when the customer service tells me they - unfortunately -  have no information about the builder.

Having realized I outgrew my current UN projects, applied for and got hired as part of the Grant proposal writing team. Although that's a totally new experience for me, I have a feeling of certainty that this is something I can and will do well and easy, and - that this is something that will become very useful in the future.

Life keeps proving it over and over again - as long as I stop beating dead horse and clean up the space  - new bigger better options will come up. I should have more faith in my own methods and strategies :) As long as I stop wasting time with insignificant things -  plenty of time will be created for successful carrying out of big projects, as well as for smaller but nonetheless - very pleasant accomplishments and moments with important people.

In particular, crossing off the main action items this week's to-do list got topped off with:

  • finally ordering a good Russian ABC book for Dr Chill - and it shipped immediately, 
  • picking a new prenatal masseuse - she's the first one not afraid to apply quite a bit of pressure along my spine and not treating me like a crystal sculpture; 
  • having a great date night dinner with Von Zobel, trying new dishes at Le Central (usually we can't move past the mussels selection), tasting new wines (yes, in plural), and chit-chatting through the whole dinner;
  • discovering that I will not need to bother with CO unemployment tax payment until June. Yay!
  • attending a big birthday party of a close friend, and bringing Dr Chill with us. The courageous little Chinchilla survived over 3 hours of a noisy party full of adults and older kids without making a scene (I wouldn't if I were 20 months old);
  • buying and assembling new crib for Dr Chill Jr, as well as a new mattress. 3 weeks till the due date sounds like time some preps for the youngest kid needs to be done :) The crib is now in our bedroom, which gives me a very... weird feeling (and makes appreciate those 6.30 hours of sleep I can now get).

And now, after being done with all this - the rest of Sunday afternoon will be spent in outdoors all-family pregnancy photo-shoot directed by Liz, cooking cabbage with beef and eating up our first-of-the-season cherries and apricots.


No comments:

Post a Comment