Sunday, March 29, 2015

Things to do in 2 minutes

Now that I have a few more productive months to use for tying all loose ends and complete all unfinished business, I thought of things I could do in little time slots. When I am in the middle of something important and get a couple of minutes of spare time, or between 2 tasks on my daily schedule and can't start the next one right away, or playing with Dr. Chill and he does not want me to interfere for a few minutes - the feeling of having time and not filling it with anything productive makes me panic. It will probably get even worse once I have 2 kids and my schedule will be broken down to bits and pieces, and I will never get a chance to get to the bottom of my daily to-do list on time :)

So, to begin with, 2 minutes would buy me an opportunity to:


  1. Wash sinks and counter top in my bathroom.
  2. Squeeze out carrot and apple juice for 4 (not counting time for washing and peeling fruit and veggies: it will probably take another 5 minutes).
  3. Vacuum the main entrance area. OR Vacuum the laundry room area. OR vacuum the kitchen area. 
  4. Unload the dishwasher (with reasonable amount of dishes and utensils)
  5. Load /unload washer. OR Load /unload dryer.
  6. Make and serve a snack for a toddler. OR heat up and serve lunch/dinner for a toddler.
  7. Make a bottle of milk with probiotic for a toddler. 
  8. Fully dress up.
  9. Brush my teeth.
  10. Wash my face and brush my hair. AND pull the hair into a ponytail or a hair clip if needed (alright, that's how my time in bathroom build up...)
  11. Briefly dust each of the bedrooms, the office, the dining, music and living rooms.
  12. Review daily agenda, make changes, cross out completed items.
  13. Check each email box.
  14. Type a brief email from phone or ipad.
  15. Stock up diapers for Dr. Chill in his bedroom.
  16. Make a cup of coffee AND while the espresso machine is warming up and working - either a sandwich, a bowl of cereal or a bowl of cottage cheese for breakfast. 
  17. Pack up full lunch for me (given the main course was put in a container the night before).
  18. Wipe all the counter tops in the kitchen.
  19. Organize my closet.
  20. Pick up and put away toys, books and clothes in Dr. Chill's room.
  21. Go over daily mail received (given it's already been picked up from the mail box)
  22. Pack up the gym backpack. OR - the work & study backpack.
  23. Clean up and organize the laundry room: hang the jackets into the closet, put the shoes on the shoe shelf and wipe those that need it, take away bags, backpacks, toys, mail, parcels, and any other random items that are piling up here. 
  24. Fill up 2 glasses with water OR (maybe AND) 1 kettle with water. 
  25. Fill up a pitcher with water and while it's filling up - cut and throw in  slices of lemon (1/2 lemon).
  26. Set up the oven for 400 degrees and put in the container with mix for cottage cheese.
  27. organize 1 pantry shelf.
  28. Put away all the toys in the living area into the boxes and baskets in the play area.
  29. Clean up each of the bathroom mirrors
  30. Wipe the entire laptop with electronics wipes (including cleaning the keyboard).



No comments:

Post a Comment