Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Life with 2 backpacks and a lunchbox.

I leave home every morning with 2 backpacks: red,  with my laptop, agenda and all the lehrstoff bundled together, and green - with a change of clothes and shoes (to change into after elliptical workout, yoga or swimming), completely stuffed shower bag (I don't understand how all these things fit in, and I swear I use them all!),  swim suit (for Wednesdays) and a shabby and scratched all the way red MP3 player (I suspect the manufacturer's information provided on it was a shameless lie:  it WAS actually made in Switzerland, and now this  9 year old, AAA battery powered freaking dinosaur will outlive me and my grandchildren).

There is also a lunch bag with an 8 hour supply of food that goes into the car, a bottle of water with lemon and a thermo mug with rooibos. If the day has started right, I should have already has some breakfast and my 1 legal cup of coffee. So far I've been very good about it.

It took me less than a week to change the settings on how I need to run my day, so that now I still get the necessary work/study time. A few little changes I notice now are:

  1. I spend less time running the errands, doing grocery shopping or ordering items for home.
  2. I write down every single minor to-do thing in my agenda, even reminders and day menus, and sometimes - short grocery shopping list.
  3. This helps me to keep my mind clear at all times, and focus on reading, doing analysis, research, writing, being on the phone. 
  4. And help develop new ideas and thoughts, Which, again, I then need to write down in my agenda - not to spend any of my RAM on it. I do like the way this cycle works.
  5. I sleep less, but function well so far.
  6. I start getting the sense of pressure and emergency thinking that I only have a few more productive months ahead of me. And then daily routine will need to be reg-established to stay on top of things. Again.
  7. A friend of mine shared her experience with getting a professional license was to study 12-14 hours a day non-stop, not leaving her study area. Another connaissance said she could complete all studies and obtain the actual license all during her pregnancy. I know my situation is unlike anybody else's, but it's still very tempting to speed up and double the efforts... Why on Earth not try...
  8. The German language does calm down my mind and spirit. I've long joked that Rammstein is my best meditation and fall-asleep music; now I realize that jokes aside, - there is something reasonable to it.
  9. Changed my library location for ordering and picking up books. 

Days got longer, warmer and sunnier. Not my accomplishment by any means, but helps staying active and after a long hard winter feels just like having the weather and nature back on my side :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment