Thursday, October 9, 2014

All out of sudden I realized

the skin on my knuckles cracked and is bleeding. I've no idea when and how it happened, why the skin on my hand dried so quickly, and - how I am supposed to wrap this stuff at boxing tomorrow.

Apart from apparently being indifferent to light pain, I do not laugh either. I can't remember the last time I was laughing; laughing hard, to tears. And speaking about tears I can't remember the last time I cried either.

Several roofing contractors are in the community today, trying to sell roof work. Too late, too late. Everybody must have already had a contract signed and an estimate provided. But still 2-3 procrastinator are going from door to door: might be from the same company, might be competitors.

I am walking outside to the lawn and start cleaning it up, piling up the dry leaves and ramming them in a trash bag. Then I decide to do a good deed for today and clean up the leaves from our neighbour's part of the lawn - she seems to never have had time for this either. I look at two big trash bags, as the rain just starts to drip, - and think that I should not stop here, and do another good deed. For instance, I could put some candies in a bowl by the door, and stick a note to the door saying: "Hello! If you're here to offer help with roof inspection - Thank you! - but we've already contracted a team! Help yourself and good luck!"


No comments:

Post a Comment