Wednesday, July 8, 2015

One call home - and within a second an emptiness grows deep inside.

The person who taught me to play chess, told the plot of the whole Le Comte de Monte-Cristo before I read the novel and the plot of Gaidai's comedies before I watched them, who was doing math lessons with me, told me jokes about his work when I was a kid and shared the memories of his service in the army and bomb testing after, who came up with the name for my sister and could have been a successful scientist had he been born in a different country - died. 

And now deep inside there's nothing but emptiness, sorrow and worry about Dad and Grandma. They're coping ok now, but what about when the shock and stress fade?

Now I only have Grannies left. 

I'm only happy he feels good now and does not suffer anymore, and that he had seen his both great grandsons.

2 comments:

  1. Just read this - god I miss his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I.
    Feels like there is so much more we could have talked about...

    ReplyDelete