Wednesday, July 1, 2015

All I feel like doing this first month of postpartum recovery

is eating, sleeping and watching distracting movies or tv-series.
Of that the closest I can get to is eating, and even that is an irregular and chaotic activity.

Instead, I ended up with an MBA course to complete, two bureaucratic systems to fight, a toddler to entertain and maintain good relationship with (never mind the order of appearance, that's #1 priority), a crowdfunding campaign proposal and grant proposal drafts to write, scanning job market for some challenging and rewarding job opportunities, - that's not to mention non-stop cleaning, cooking, laundry and other secondary, life supporting activities.

One interesting child-gadget that's new for us - is the Bob Duallie stroller with a car seat adapter. There's something incredibly fun putting both little Chinchillas in the same stroller, and watch them give the proud important looks of CEOs in BMW-7 series from their seats (one can have this look being few weeks old). Top this up with ankle weights and a good audio book in the smartphone - and having two small children is getting better and better!

Grant and crowdfunding proposals are very interesting projects; even though they were new to me when I started - I found it easy to put them together. Probably all business plan writing became useful :)   Speaking of which, there is another business plan I owe to myself, which I get to finish this month...

***
Dark clouds and sporadic sunlight beams outside cast strange light on the branches of the ash. The branches bend in the harsh gusty winds. The whole tree seems to shake from side to side. I have Dr. Chill Jr in my arms, he's looking straight into my eyes. All this creates a weird feeling of the surroundings, time and everything else in my life now being surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment