Wednesday, April 29, 2015

This whole week past 2 weeks become one long La folle journee.

It does happen periodically that I find it hard to hold a sequence of actions for the next few hours in my head, which is an especially  unneeded challenge during pregnancy. To stick to all the commitments, to be able to attend all showings, make all necessary purchases, be able to stick to study schedule and not to miss prenatal yoga classes - every single to-do item gets written down. Every single one. My agenda now looks like a mindmap for some lunatic's confession novel.

The feeling that life's good emerges when I get home after an insane day, which also seems to be desperately unproductive, partially because of a sudden terrible headache that started in the morning and lasted through the day - and despite all efforts, this time none of my pain relief techniques work. And in such a condition, I'd just put Dr. Chill next to me on the sofa in his new room, give him a few books and get my iPad and open mail inbox, and kiss him at the top of his head, saying sorry for being a complete vegetable today and not being able to do anything active with him today. And we would sit on the sofa side by side for some time,  he - looking at his animal or word book, me - trying to pull my brain together and reply to emails while not moving my head too much. This - the feeling of peace and understanding from a little, very close human being. And that life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment