Saturday, August 25, 2018

And just in the blink of an eye -

the oldest of my Chills, the smart, handsome, funny and amazing Arthur has turned 5 this week.
I find this still hard to believe, I am sure so does he :)

Meanwhile, as one of the Birthday gifts I booked a pony ride for both him and Adrian - since he is so much into his "Horsie"cartoon now...
When we arrived at the stables everything was going well, but when it was time to get on the pony, he got all tight and scared all out of sudden. I was able to persuade him to get in the saddle, and as I had to walk by him, holding my both hands at him at all times - I started to walk by. As we were through the first circle, Arthur suddenly asked me:
 - Mom, WHEN my horsie starts to run will you be able to run fast enough to catch up with him?

It took all my strength not to laugh. Had to explain to him "his horsie" is not going to run, gallop or jump as he saw them do in the cartoon and that I'm not running along at the speed of the horsie either.
Riding in circles at a calm pace - was all that was going to happen tonight.
Having heard this, Arthur sat tall, relaxed his legs a little and started to look like his normal self: like a blood prince on a casual walk through his land.
It's amazing how his brain works.

No comments:

Post a Comment