Thursday, June 7, 2018

Stoped by Walmart to get duplicate keys to the condo

- as there're a number of interested potential tenants - some time during the "lunch break" (Ha!).
The first store associate I bumped into, who wanted to actually walk with me to the right isle was Brazilian, but not only Brazilian but also a soccer lover and a teacher.
For some reason his accent sounded Hungarian to me, and right from the start I told him I was Russian by origin...
...For the next 15 minutes we got carried away by the discussion of the FIFA World Cup, of how he is jealous of the friends who went to Russia to see it, and how he would love to go if he could but the prices seem unreasonable, and how it could have been a great chance for Russia to make a leap forward but for the corruption throughout the government, and how Brazil is actually worse, and that  - no, Russia is actually worse since unlike Brazil, no Russian president was jailed for corruption recently... well, ever!, and how - no, Brazil it's still the worst I'm telling you!
By this time my set of duplicate keys was ready. We parted quite content with the conversation and each other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment