Saturday, December 10, 2016

Mum emerged at the horizon.

Crystalized out of thin air after a few years of not talking to me.
Saying she regretted not being a part of my life for so long, not taking interest in her grandsons or me, not reaching out to me with even a word of support or a piece of advice when I felt worst and needed some help most. Saying she not wants to come over and help with her grandsons, and watch them grow, and maybe start her life over at a new place, start a small seamstress/tailor business...

...Just kidding of course, all she wanted from me was money. Urgently.

Of course, now I am her "daughter and friend", and this time a fraudulent employer got her into trouble, and...

Damn! Where did I take a wrong turn in my life to have my own family sincerely approach me whenever they need financial support, time with my kids, assistance with property acquisition, help job search, banking... And what happens with their sincerity, niceness and sweetness during... other times? Bloody hell, these are not even relationships within Corporate America or the scope of those acquaintances that end up on Facebook for the benefit of mutual like'ing and vain superficial comments! Am I sending wrong signals? Am I sending wrong signals to everyone else too then? Making an impression of a go-to person for trivial stuff, a pair of actively listening ears, endless empathy? How would I even occur to somebody as a girl with a variety of unlimited resources? Time, emotional, psychological and intellectual resources in the first place, and I guess - some willingness to blow it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment