Sunday, October 16, 2016

In the midst of job search.

Funny enough, the most interesting, promising and juicy positions are in the middle of nowhere. Near Broadway and the 17th, that is. Recruiters are aggressive and email almost daily. Companies in search of personnel email daily in and out of sequence, offers being from staff accountant to manager of logistics.
Employers inquire about Excel skills - Pivot table & V-lookup.
Recruiters  sound exited about Customer Relations and Project Management experience.
I am being aggressive in my inquiries about salary, benefits, location and flexibility. That must have come with experience. And because I have no other choice but to make it work my way, probably.
Employers want a plain AP/AR person, to be compensated accordingly.
Recruiters encourage to come to them for applications to any worthy position, since they have vast network of growing and high net-worth clients, and to never submit application to the same position more than once (wasn't it how I got my first official job? Three times was a charm...)
I keep thinking of how to integrate a full-time demanding position into my life schedule, or rather - how to construct a new schedule where there would be time for meetings, business trips, toddler swimming lessons, parents' nights at kindergarten and ways to take care of my boys when they are sick without compromising my professional attitude at work.
Employers say "Hey, we have a Sales Managers position at our Insurance Company you might be interested in!"
Recruiters say "Hey, we are going to send your resume to an Oil&Gas company"
I say "No, thank you". "Yes, thank you!". Can't waste any more time. Can't waste any more time on something that I won't be able to leverage in the next 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment