Monday, June 13, 2016

One extremely stupid thing to do

Is to schedule blood donation following a morning appointment with a pediatrician, and before an elaborate tour of errands and a 5K run. Especially if you accidentally forget to schedule time to eat and forget to replenish lost fluids along the way as well.

I haven't felt so dizzy in a long time; while I've been feeling lightheaded for the past 6 months, finding myself in a state of nearly losing consciousness in gym's shower today without a soul around to ask for help - was particularly bad. Apparently my next step would be setting reminders to have a snack or some water during the day...

On the bright side, I witnessed an amazing thing at Bonfils today. While doing the questionnaire I noticed a lot of walk ins with no appointments, in fact, so many Bonfils could not accommodate them all! Typically, it's just me waiting and a couple of mid-aged men or women with an appointment; today people walking in were pretty diverse. Having asked a staff member about the reason for such a high number of walk ins, I was told it was all due to the Orlando shooting. Turns out Bonfils's announcement about the need for more blood for the shooting victims brought in quite a few volunteers who wanted to help those in serious condition - instantaneously!
Truly remarkable and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment