Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A counter-intuitive way to win over the job-interviewers, impress them and get invited for the next one

is to show up to a large corporation (TM)'s interview completely sick: with voice almost gone, pink teary eyes, swollen nose and shaking from side to side even when seating on a chair. It is essential though to talk non-stop, use excessive body language and gestures energetic enough to turn over the round table at any moment, and loudly wheeze an apology, emphasize that you're slightly under the weather today.
Apparently, large corporations are naturally attracted to candidates who show up the drive of a locomotive even at the worst of their condition, and are able to show up and perform even sick like hell (sadly, both seem to be true).

***

On a side note - after 1.5 year (give or take) I resumed my blood donation, and discovered that:
a) donating blood while breastfeeding is ok, and does not stress body badly enough to cut off milk supply :)
b) exchanging a pint of blood for a pint of... beer is a fun and fair experience. I don't think I'll be able to put the beer coupon to use any time soon, but hope Von Zobel will;
c) Bonfils (at least at Highlands Ranch location) has some amazing employees. I already forgot what it was like, but it feels nicer than having a blood work at a physician's/ob/gyn office: you get help with adjusting the seat the way you want it, can ask for a bottle of water at any moment (that will be opened for you), can get a cookie (I didn't ask for any, but saw other donors do :)), get a Bonfils shirt,  but the best part of it is how professionally they actually stick in the needle. This time it took 3 people 3 (three) attempts each to get the vein, and I already pushed myself into the seat as hard as I could thinking of how blue the inside of my elbow will look like in 2 days, but... nothing except from a few traces from needle pokes. Not a small bruise. Simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment