Saturday, June 30, 2012

Don't eat up my slack!

The first week of the new summer schedule trial revealed its major fault: I somehow forgot to include time slots for meals and rest :)
Very true actually! A Freudian slip in time management... Why putting on your schedule something that does not really take place in your life? :) I eat at my desk or in the car, or on the way from classroom to parking lot... Have rest in car or - techincally "family" time is rest too... Or while doing laundry or cooking - my Dad would say that change of things you're doing is itself a rest.

From the other hand I started to get jealous and protective of my time as never-never before. Almost irritated when something unplanned comes up and messes up my plans. Our professor in Operations Management tells us scarry stories about contractors fired because of inefficient time use; and I do feel those project managers right now, sometimes holding myself tight from yelling outloud: "Don' eat up my slack!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment